Last Updated: December 2023
Unifimoney Tech QOZB, LLC
100 Shoreline Hwy, Suite B
Mill Valley, CA
What Information We Collect.
Sign Up Information. When you sign up to create an account with Unifimoney, including through the App, we collect and retain certain information that you can be used to identify you (“Personal Data”), including, in the case of account creation: your name, email address, social security number, date of birth, phone number, images or information from your driver’s license or other government ID, and residential address. In order to create your account and enable certain of our services, we will need to collect information to verify your identity. This may include identity verification information from third parties, as well as your bank account information.
Information You Voluntarily Provide. You may also provide certain information to us when you use the Services. For instance, you may choose to manually provide information about yourself, including, but not limited to, income level, and investment experience. Separately you may also choose to enable certain settings or permissions on your device that allows our App to receive data that your device collects about you, including, but not limited to, your location, camera permission, notifications, and OS-level identity verification services. You may also voluntarily provide information about yourself when you contact us for support or other inquiries, or provide feedback about the Services.
Transaction Data. When you initiate a transaction, we collect information to confirm and process it. This may include information about investment accounts held with third parties. This information may be shared with other third parties to facilitate the transaction. We may also collect your email address and mobile phone number from third parties if you initiate or receive a transaction.
Interaction Data: We also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account.
Location Information. When you use our Services, we may collect and store information about your location by converting your IP address into a rough geo-location or, when interacting with our mobile application, by accessing your mobile device’s GPS or location services, which may provide more precise geolocation information, if you enable location services on your device.
Information Sent by Your Device. We collect certain information that your mobile device, laptop, or other hardware device sends when you use our Services, including but not limited to IP Address, user agent information, network and connectivity information, device identifiers, advertising identifiers, language preferences, user settings, software and operating system names and versions, hardware models, as well as other information about your use of our Services.
Third Parties. We may also obtain information about Users from third parties, including but not limited to affiliates, joint marketing partners, lead providers, fraud and risk mitigation vendors, and identify verification services.
Information Collected Using Cookies and other Web Technologies. Like many website and app owners and operators, we (and our partners who assist us with marketing, analytics, User research, advertising, and user support) may utilize automated data collection tools such as Cookies and Web Beacons to collect certain information from Users of our Services. These tools are used for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to User authentication, account security, delivery and measuring of advertising, analyzing site traffic and trends, and fraud prevention.
“Web Beacons” (also known as web bugs, pixel tags, or clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on our Services for several purposes, including to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to track and measure the performance of our Services, to monitor how many visitors view our Services, and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. Unlike Cookies, which are stored on the device, Web Beacons are typically embedded invisibly on web pages (or in an email).
“Log Data” means certain information about how a User uses our Services. Log Data may include information such as a User’s IP address, browser type, operating system, the web page that a User was visiting before accessing our Services, the pages or features of our Services to which a User browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, search terms, the links on our Services that a User clicked on and other statistics. We collect and use Log Data to administer the Services and we analyze (and may engage third parties to analyze) Log Data to improve, customize and enhance our Services by expanding their features and functionality and tailoring them to our Users’ needs and preferences. We may use a person’s IP address and other Log Data to generate information about how our Services are used and to detect fraud.
How We Use the Information. Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Services, to customize content and the Services for you, to administer your use of the Services (including your account, if you are an account holder), and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Services. We will use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
Providing our Services, including to help you understand and utilize our integrated checking, credit card, and investment services.
Communicating with Users and providing customer support in relation to the Services.
Resolving disputes, responding to inquiries, collecting and processing payments fees (as applicable) and troubleshooting problems.
Managing our everyday business needs, including, but not limited to the following activities: auditing, administration of the Services, forum management, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, identify verification, and enforcement of our Terms of Service, or to comply with applicable laws or regulations.
Customizing your experience and otherwise measuring and improving our content and Services.
Sending you relevant emails and communications (including keeping you informed about our products, offerings, and any promotional offers) that might be of interest to you. (In the event that we use your personal information to market to you, you will be able to opt-out of such uses).
Enforcing our agreements, terms, conditions, and policies, and sending you notices and alerts.
Better understanding our Users’ interests, behaviors, and demographics.
We may also use your information for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect or receive your information, or otherwise with your consent. Any communication or material you transmit to us via e-mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, chats, phone calls, suggestions or the like (though excluding your personal information) will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary.
Information that We Share with Third Parties. We will not share any Personal Data that we have collected from or regarding you except as described below:
1. Services Providers and Business Partners. We may engage third-party service providers to help us administer, provide, and improve the Services, including but not limited to the following types of partners: third party financial financial institutions and financial services companies, web hosting providers, cloud hosting providers, fraud detection services, identity verification services, fulfillment service providers, and customer support partners. These third-party services providers will have access to your Personal Data for the purpose of performing services on our behalf. For example, we may share your Personal Data with a cloud hosting providers (for example, Amazon Web Services) as part of our utilization of their hosting services.
2. At Your Request. We may share information about you with third parties in the event that you request we do so, for example, with companies offering complimentary services, promotions or offers through our Site our Services, if you are interested in such and request - or consent - that we share your information.
3. The General Public. We may share with the general public information that you submit in public forums, for example blogs, social media, comment sections on the website.
4. Other Third Parties. We may share de-identified or aggregated data we collect from the use of the Services, including but not limited to de-identified or aggregated transaction or investment information, de-identified or aggregated location information, information about the computer or device from which you access the Services, market trends, and other analysis that we create based on the information we receive from you and other Users.
5. Our Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We share information with our corporate subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our Services.
6. With Your Consent. There may be other circumstances where we will notify you of information that we seek to share with a third party not listed here, and will do so with your consent
7. Information Shared with Web Analytics Services Providers. We may use some or all of the following analytics services:
Google. We use Google Analytics, a service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), to gather information about how Users engage with our Site and Services. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
8. Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions. Information that we collect from our Users, including Personal Data, is considered to be a business asset. Thus, if we are acquired by a third party as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition, or asset sale, or if our assets are acquired by a third party in the event we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, some or all of our assets, including your Personal Data, may be disclosed or transferred to a third party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
9. Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate: (i) to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas); (ii) to protect our property, rights and safety and the property, rights and safety of a third party or the public in general; and (iii) to stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
10. With Advertising Partners and Social Media. Your personal data may be shared with certain advertising partners who conduct or assist us with marketing, as well as and advertising and social media partners who we allow to place cookies (or similar technology) in our Services as necessary to their provision of various services, including but not limited to ad attribution, ad placement, audience measurement, social sharing, and site analytics.
Your Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use and sharing of your Personal Data and we’ll respect the choices you make. Please note that if you decide not to provide us with the Personal Data that we request, you may not be able to access all of the features of the Services.
Device Permissions. There are various device permissions that our app may request, including for instance, location, camera, notifications, and OS identity verification services (e.g. TouchID). You are free to allow, disallow, or revoke any of these permission requests at any time, however some features of the Services may not function properly without the permission being granted.
Opt-out of Ad Tracking. You can opt out of the collection and use of your information for ad targeting by going to http://www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ to limit collection through the Site, by configuring the settings on your browser, or by using cookie blocking extensions in your browser (such as Privacy Badger or Ghostery).
Modifying Your Information. You can access and modify the Personal Data associated with your account by sending an email to email@example.com. If you want us to delete your Personal Data or your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We’ll take steps to delete your information as soon as we can, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records or as otherwise required by law.
Non-Affiliate Marketing. We do not currently share Personal Data with third parties seeking to market their own products or services to our Users, unless you indicate to us an interest in that third party’s products or services. However, in the event that the company would begin sharing such information for such purpose, Users will be allowed to opt out of such sharing.
Responding to Do Not Track Signals. Our Site does not currently have the capability to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from various web browsers.
Automated Decision Making. We may use automated decision-making to decide whether we can provide services to you based on automated identity verification. If you wish to have a human review the decision or otherwise object, you may do so by contacting us at email@example.com.
The Security of Your Information. We take reasonable administrative, physical, and electronic measures designed to protect the information that we collect from or about you (including your Personal Data) from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When you enter sensitive information on our forms, we encrypt this data using SSL or other technologies. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information.
Data Retention. We need to retain the information you provide us in order to provide our Services, and we retain such information for as long as you maintain your account, at a minimum. We also retain certain relevant information, including transaction, location, device, and usage information, for as long as it is required to do so, in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance, legal, administrative, and other requirements. You may request deletion of your account at any time as provided above. Following such a request, we will delete the information that it is not necessary to retain. In certain circumstances, we may be unable to delete your account, such as if there is an outstanding credit or debt on your account or an unresolved dispute, ongoing investigation (e.g. for fraud or misuse), or we believe that we may be required to retain your account for legal reasons. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, we will delete your account as described above. We may also retain certain information if necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing Users' safety and security. For example, if we shut down a User's account because of security or fraud incidents, we may retain certain information about that account to prevent that User from opening a new account in the future.
Cross Border Transfer Your Personal Data may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
Our Policy Toward Children. Our Services are not directed to children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.